Tuesday, June 12, 2007

sans titre

Yesterday my little brother graduated from high school and I missed it. Add that to the “cons” list of studying abroad: missing special events. I’m at the McDonald’s trying to use the internet and it’s not working. There’s another. It says that it’s connected full speed but when I try to use Internet Explorer it says page not found blah blah. On a better note, I got back my language exam today and I got a 16/20 which is très bien. The French grading system is 0-20, and rarely does anyone recieve a 20. It’s kind of like getting a 1600 on the SAT. That kind of works out in our favor because for our program, anything above a 14/20 is an A. I will be severely disappointed if any of these 4 classes I’m taking here brings down my GPA, especially since they’re setting me back credit-wise. I gave a short exposée today on Charles Aznavour, a favorite French singer of mine and Mom’s, it went well. I have to give an even shorter (3 min) exposée tomorrow on global warming. This one will be a bit more difficult, though, since the vocabulary is very particular and my professor is really intense. This is for my business French class. Dad’s coming tomorrow morning and we plan to have lunch after class.

For the record, I just “hoofed it” across the quartier to another McDonalds, sweating under the weight of my laptop on my back. I will not be defeated.

No comments: