Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"elle est tombée!"

I started class yesterday at l'Institut Catholique. I had a history class at 2 pm which is amazing. The professor is a younger woman, probably 30 something and she is quite the sassmaster. It's so crazy to learn about history in a foreign language but totally "get it" and understand jokes and stuff. Enjoyed hanging out with Mom yesterday aux Champs Elysees and elsewhere. She came over for dinner avec Louise and it was quite lovely, although we ended up talking/eating until 2 am which was a liiiitle late for me. I had to get up tres early for class this morning (since it was my first one at 9 am). I am feeling very under the weather and that I'm coming down with some sort of cough slash post nasal drip slash I'm a hypochondriac but really my throat hurts. I took echinacea and vitamin c (so no one can get mad and yell when I get sick coughdadcough). I'm really hoping I can fight it off though because we have an excursion to Normandy and Mont Saint Michel this weekend and ca would not marche. I've begun to speak "Franglais" very often, which is a mix of English structure but French vocabulary words. It's kind of bad because it's neither language. My French language class today was very hard to sit through (all classes are 3 hours with a 10-15 min break in between). I kept almost falling asleep so during the break I bought a cafe au lait et du sucre from the vending machine (which is basically a dixie cup-3 sips worth). It helped a little but I was still extreme tired. I keep wanting to take nap but I end up going places with people. I can't wait to get a good night's sleep tonight. I found a goldmine on my computer that includes a few movies and tv shows that I've downloaded over the years and then forgot about such as Daria, Seinfeld, Family Guy, Anchorman, Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (YES!), and music videos (who watches music vids?) such as "Take on Me" by AHA and several of the Cure and Nirvana. I think I might be addicted to pain au chocolat. Did I say that yet? I love how this has become stream of consciousness. Loving the e-mails. Keep them coming. Much love.

No comments: