Monday, February 19, 2007

i'm alive

I'm typing on a very strange French keyboard at the ISA office. Just as I thought, I don't have internet at my apartment (unsuccessfully tried to hack into someone else's wireless). I was feeling very anxious and awful yesterday but I feel better after a good night's sleep and tasks for the day such as orientation (Anna, my roommate, and I took the bus!) and a "welcome dinner" tonight. My apartment is huge, Anna and I have the whole upstairs to ourselves and the decor is extreme bohemian. You have no idea, my bed comforter is basically one of those mexican blankets, although I'm sure that Louise got it in like on the streets of Laos or something. Couldn't eat much yesterday since my nerves were in full swing, but did try lamb. It was not good. I'll try to update more, e-mail me please. Miss you all.

2 comments:

ChristLovesBeans said...

I'm sad that you ate a baaaaaaaaah-by lamb. its ok though you are in paris and need to try new things. im sad about your mexican blanket comforter... how is the bed? I hope its fabulous. im glad that you and anna are secretly becoming friends and that the decor is EXTREME BOHEMIAN!!! thats totes what i pictured and hoped. eat something yummy for me!!! and of course e-mail me with EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR LIFE. im getting a calling card soon

bethsavage said...

we are both lucky i was able to create this account as a number of my websites have switched over to german and im just 'winging it' for now. im glad you got there ok sara. the first few days were extremely hard for me too. dont feel unstrong to break down in the shower or something and just cry. it makes you feel better. however, i have been so busy with orientation and parying that nothing matters to me right now. although i too enjoy my alone time and with i were able to not hang with the 'girls' at some points and rather just sit in my room with my best friend, my computer. roommate finally arrived. manuela from italy. great girl i like her a lot. i hate cooking dinners here its the biggest pain in my ass. nothing seems to work out. i cant read anything in german supermarkets so there, im just 'winging it' too. i hope finding internet is not a problem for you and once you're settled in and have time in about 2-3 weeks we will look over our calenders for shared open time to visit one another. yours, beth