Tuesday, March 6, 2007

travel plans

We (about 7 of us) are currently planning our weekend in Reims (Champagne). The transportation/lodging is very inexpensive and it's also not too far from Paris. We are also planning our spring break. Our final itinerary (or so we think) is as follows: Paris to the south of France (Nice, Monaco, Cannes) then to Italy (Florence, Rome, Naples?), then to Greece for a week (Athens, ISLANDS). At first, we considered purchasing the Eurail pass but it ended up being cheaper to book individual flights and then lodging. We've found some very affordable flights which is exciting. I really hope it works out because....well because.

Dinner last night was a task as usual. I tried duck and it was quite good (sorry Christ). I'm not sure that I'd choose it on a menu, but it doesn't make me want to die. I found a great gyro shop within walking distance to my school which was excellent. Tonight Gilles is coming for dinner and to finish fixing Louise's window, it should be interesting. School is whatever, the 3 hour classes are very long but usually I only have 1 per day. Have I mentioned that each building has a coffee machine that makes you a dixie-cup full of great coffee/hot chocolate/hot milk if you're so inclined. I'm excited for this weekend, I think I'm going to become crazy about travelling which is good because I am the opposite of spontaneous and need to be able to do things on a whim. 2 weeks away from my "home base" will be quite an experience.

No comments: